Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day

Go down 

Is this team good?
Yes
Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day Vote_lcap100%Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
No
Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day Vote_lcap0%Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
pkmner
Citizen
Citizen

Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day Empty
PostSubject: Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day   Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:50 am

Basically the first rain team that I made by myself. As most people know I typically use sand, so this rain team is a first for me.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Let's start with everyone's favorite OU Rain starter. Starting with the item, I choose Choice Scarf to allow toed to pick up enough speed to outspeed base 105s. Max Special attack because there is nothing else I would do with toed, max speed relates to the previous sentence. Hydro Pump is Polietoed's main force of STAB, getting pumped(No pun intended) up even more by the rain. Ice Beam takes the Genie's, Dragon's, and Gliscor down a notch. Focus Blast rid the opponents team of Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and Scizor. HP Grass allows for coverage of other water types, but not limiting me from defeating Gastrodon, which HP Electric would.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W, one of the best Water sweepers, in my opinion anyway. Leftovers keeps Rotom going, much like Pain Split. WoW lets me put major Pokemon down, besides Heatran. Hydro Pump is the same as with toed. Volt Switch allows me to keep switching Rotom out without damaging the Pokemon I switch to too bad. The EVs let Rotom have max STAB attacking. The speed lets him pick up enough to sweep through some base 75s.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Latios is pretty good in just about any weather. HP Fire is there as Lati makes a good lead, if I feel a lead Ferro coming on of course. Dragon Pulse and Surf tear through the opponent. Recover keeps Lati's sweep going. Max Special Attack and Speed of course.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor has been something I've been using for the past 2 months, and for a good reason. Choice Band Technician Bullet Punch gets even the Genie's down to below half. U-Turn can create sort of a chain with Rotom's Volt Switch. Super Power has about 2 turns of attacking, and it can even go to a 3rd round of it if your a brave person. Pursuit is standard on most Scizor's.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Blissey has been something I wanted to use on this team. Toxic and WishProtect is standard. Seismic Toss is something good for Blissey to use, considering it can 3HKO to even 4HKO its opponents. EVs are pretty Standard for this Blissey.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Gliscor is one of my favorite Pokemon to play around with in 5th Gen, and he's even good in rain. Swords Dance gets Gliscor up to +2 pretty easy. Earthquake and Ice Fang are a pro combo for against Exca. Taunt is to destroy stuff like Espeon, Deoxys-S and Blissey, and also destroys Baton Pass
Back to top Go down

Rain Rain let's stay OU for another day
Page 1 of 1