Team [N O R M A L]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Muffin
Citizen
Citizen

PostSubject: Team [N O R M A L]   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Team [N O R M A L]

Hiya! =) I work best with the almighty Normal types, just as Khybonnie works well with those crawling Bugs. This is a Normal-Type gym team, and I hope it does well! The ratio is 3:3, if you were wonderin'!

Ampibom@Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252Atk/252Spd/4HP
- Fake Out
- Last Resort

A DEADLY set. Hits all types nuetrally except for three, and Fake out does massive damage because of life orb, Technician, and STAB. Last Resort couple with STAB and Life orb hits most pokemon hard. I know, it's walled to death by rock/steel/ghost types, but it is very effective against the other 15 types.

Chandelure@Scarf/Specs/Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid/Modest
Evs: 252SpA/252Spd/4Hp
- Overheat/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Charge/HP Dragon

A great switch-in for my normal-type's only weakness. Granting me a fire immunity, it can wreck opposing sun teams while switching in to 'Tales and absorbing it's fire attacks. Energy ball takes care of 3 of it's weakness, shadow ball is for STAB and taking care of opposing ghost types, Flame Charge boosts it's speed and wrecks opposing teams at just 1+ while still doing some type of damage, and the next slot has 3 choices for fire moves. Fire Blast is strong and somewhat reliable, Overheat wrecks teams while having that nasty side effect, and Flamethrower is a really great attack with decent BP and a chance to burn.

Staraptor@Choice Band
Trait: Reckless
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252atk+Spd, 4HP
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Coupled with Reckless and CB, Staraptor is a force to be reckoned with. STAB Brave Bird hits anything hard as long as they don't resist it, and OHKOs most of the time if SE. U-Turn is for scouting and for getting out of tough situations while still doing decent damage to the opponent. Close Combat helps with the type coverage and is a great move in general. Quick Attack is a good priority STAB, allowing me to come in on weakened pokemon and finish them off. It's mainly for cleaning up late game, however. Flame Charge is only for a LO set, but HP Dragon provides near perfect coverage, only 1 pokemon (heatran) can wall this set.

Porygon2@Eviolite
Trait: Trace
Nature: Bold
252Hp/100Def/156SpDef
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Charge Beam/Tri Attack
- Ice Beam

Amazing. I love this pokemon! An all-purpose wall. He can cripple opposing offensive threats to help my other pokemon sweep, or he can go on the offensive with Charge Beam boosting it's SpA. It can recover off any damage taken, as long as strong fighting types aren't around to mess up my fun. I have a solution for that, however, which you will see soon.

Rhyperior@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Trait: Solid Rock
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252HP/252Def/4Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest/Megahorn

IMO, one of the best physical walls out there. With an excellent ability in Solid Rock, it can handle 2x weaknesses like it's nothing. And, if the opposing team happens to carry a Sand Streamer, His special defense is boosted, meaning he can take special hits a little better. STAB EQ and Stone Edge coming off a base 140 attack stat is nothing to scoff at. It can wall and dish out massive damage, which is a huge bonus. Stealth rock helps my sweepers in OHKOing the opposing team.

Jellicent@Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm/Bold
EVs: 25HP/252SpDef/4SpA OR *Bold!* 248HP/160Def/100Spd
- Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
- Scald/Surf
- Shadow Ball/Taunt/HP Electric/Hex

This pokemon works PERFECTLY in conjunction with my defensive core. It can switch into water type moves aimed at Rhyperior's 4x Water weakness, and swith into fighting type moves aimed at Porygon2, Ambipom, and-if it's a special attacker-Rhyperior. It further helps in crippling the opposing team along with Porygon2 by messing up physical attackers not named Conkeldurr. Scald helps with the 30% burn rate in case WoW is Disabled, Curse-Bodied, or Taunted. The alternative Bold nature set let's me outrun other Jellicents, Chansey, Blissey, basically most walls and taunt them. Credit to the Bold nature set goes to Jets. Hex+WoW is deadly, effectively putting Hex at Base 120. WITHOUT STAB. Incredible, and it also allows me to cripple offensive physical power-houses.

Threats to the team:
None that I can think of, please point some out if you find any.

Changes that I'm thinking about for the team:
None so far.

Changes I've made:
Switched Gengar for Chandelure
"Credits:

Critisism and contribuions are greatly appreciated! =)

Last edited by Muffin on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pkmnswampmaster
Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: Team [N O R M A L]   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:29 pm

I say that with 2 ghost types a darl type can threat you team be were of that, also for chandelure if you are running flame charge then donĀ“t use a choice item
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muffin
Citizen
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Team [N O R M A L]   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:43 pm

I edited Chandelure, look at the bottom of the paragraph for the edit. That's where Staraptor and it's CC come in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Team [N O R M A L]   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Esbr: Rated E for everyone.
(that means its good)
;D
Back to top Go down
XatuGamer
Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: Team [N O R M A L]   Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:02 pm

I would change Porygon2's moveset to Recover/ Charge Beam/ Psychic/ Tri Attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smugleaf-pwns-all
Citizen
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Team [N O R M A L]   Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:16 pm

in response to the previous i would say the best set for P2 is
Porygon2@eviolite
Modest
252HP/96Def/rest in special defense
~T-wave/toxic
~Recover
~Thunderbolt
~Ice beam
enough defense to survive a conkelderps drain punch at +idr. While being fully defensive, its nature gives it ample special attack. Walling while hitting hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team [N O R M A L]   

Back to top Go down

Team [N O R M A L]
Page 1 of 1